Thursday, February 05, 2009

Squick squack squash!

Today marks my first squash session for the year 2009.

As I promised yesterday, I went and played squash today. I was supposed to play with a work colleague but he didn't feel like it today. This from the guy who suggested I play squash with him today.

I had already lugged my sports gear from home to work so I wasn't going to go home without having hit a few rounds. So I walked up to the Defence Club to see if I could find someone to play with. I found a whole group of people playing on the courts at the club, so my day wasn't ruined. So yeah, I'm not mad at you SSP.

Today's session was fun. I didn't see the experienced players I usually lost to but there was enough competition to keep me happy. One guy even beat me because I totally underestimated him.

Yeah, I have that bad habit. The first step to solving a problem is to admit you have a problem. See? I'm on my way to fixing it already :D

Other things I need to fix:

  • Receiving a serve.
    I totally suck at this and tend to return weak shots that bounce out into the middle of the court.
  • Serving Consistently.
    I had many shots going out of bounds on my serve today. That is unacceptable.

Well, apart from those two major problems, I played well for a guy who hasn't played in months. I've no games scheduled tomorrow. I guess I'll take a day's break.

For my readers who've never heard of Squash: Squash is a racquets sport played by two players (or four players for doubles) in a four-walled court with a small, hollow rubber ball. See Wikipedia.

Post Scriptum: Ok, that was a lame title for a blog post. My creativity well is dry today.

No comments:

Post a Comment