Monday, February 02, 2009

A horrible day

The following events happened in chronological order.

  • The time changed from Sunday 23:59 to Monday 00:00
  • Due to studies, one of our badminton players had to cancel badminton for the whole week.
  • Yat Sen Hall was unavailable for the day.
  • Badminton was moved to a different venue and time. 6:45pm instead of 7:00pm and Hyundai Fitness Centre instead of Yat Sen Hall.
  • It started raining around knock off time.
  • I left work late, reached home late.
  • Did not feel I had the time to make and consume my normal snack before badminton.
  • Left home late once again. (for badminton)
  • Found out I forgot my wallet on the way to the gym. (Asked my dad to bring it with him when he come to pick me up)
  • The rain hasn't stopped.
  • Up on entering the gym, found out we were sharing the place with a noisy martial arts class. (One of those yell 1,2,3 at the top of your lungs as you do your moves martial arts)
  • One end of the courts is painted white. Making the shuttle impossible to see.
  • The posts for the nets were found to be inches lower than standard. Had to pop them up by placing weights underneath the posts.

Worst of all, none of the above provides me with an excuse for playing as badly as I did this evening.

To top it off, when my dad came to pick me up, he forgot to bring my wallet so I had to tell my friend I'll pay him next time.


This post was brought to you by a long hot shower and a generous helping of 'feel better' ice cream :)

1 comment: